All SCB sport participants are welcome to come join us for the 2018 Spring CYC Track Season. The cost is $15. Register online at our sports sign-up page no later than March 1, 2018, as we will be unable to consider late registrations. If you are interested or have questions, please contact Mike Orrico, the Track Coordinator at email@example.com or 314-882-3069.
For those unfamiliar with CYC Track, the season consists of weekly practices in preparation for SCB's preliminary meet at Trinity High School on April 28th. The top six participants in each preliminary meet event within each age division and gender then qualify for the championship meet held at St. Dominic High School on May 19th. To minimize conflicts with other sports, practices will be held on Sunday afternoon—weather permitting—at the Duchesne High School track..
General rules for CYC track
· Each child may participate in a maximum of 4 events (only 3 running events including relays).
· All children must participate in a single age division (6 & under, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14). A child’s age division for this season is determined by his/her age as of May 31, 2018.
· Each parish is allowed a maximum of four children per event and gender within the 9-10, 11-12, and 13-14 age group divisions. The maximum increases to 5 children in the 7-8 age division and 6 in the 6 & under age division.
· Sprint events generally include the 100 meter, 200 meter, and 400 meter dashes, while the distance events generally include the 800 meter and 1600 meter runs. (The 6 & under age division also includes the 50 meter dash.)
· The top six participants in each preliminary meet event within each age division and gender qualify for the championship meet.
· The CYC will require the parish to provide one adult volunteer for each 10 participants at each CYC-sponsored meet.
· Each child will receive a Bobcat Track dri-fit running shirt to wear at the meet and show off their track team pride.
All children registered or residing in the parish are welcome to participate for the 2018 season.